Pages

Mar 26, 2013

It's Raining Salads!

I have never been much of a salad eater. For one thing, about half of the ingredients that go into typical salads are items that I simply do not like. Tomatoes, onions, peppers, cucumbers.... to name a few. I have always been picky because I am a texture eater.

When trying to eat healthier and exclude meats, salads are probably one of the first meal ideas that comes to most people's mind. Here are a couple of salads that even a picky eater like me can really get behind!

Asian Inspired Salad

This salad is super easy and tastes great! Just toss your greens of choice with carrot slices, mandarin oranges, almond slivers, rice noodles and sesame sticks! Serve with Balsamic or Ginger dressing. You can add red onions and other veggies as you see fit.


Taco Salad

This salad is a house favorite. It's hearty and there's no dressing required! I use mixed spring greens as my salad base and add shredded carrots, black beans, salsa, shredded cheese (Mexican blend), slices of avocado and a dollop of sour cream. I usually add grape tomatoes to Mark's serving and sometimes onions.



No comments:

Post a Comment