Pages

Jan 24, 2013

Brussels Sprout Overage?

Do you always end up with extra Brussels Sprouts just hanging around in your fridge after making a recipe and have no idea what to do with them?

Here's a tip... chop them finely or shred them and use them just like lettuce! That's right. Brussels Sprouts can be used a myriad of ways, including taking the place of lettuce in salads, on sandwiches, and even in tacos! Use it raw or cooked for an awesome boost of Vitamin K. Brussels Sprouts also boast 3.38 grams of protein per 3.5 ounces!

Tonight I threw together what I like to call a "poor man's meal", which basically just means that I used the bits and pieces I had left from other meals, maybe added a little pizazz, and created a new dish for our culinary enjoyment. In this case I simply shredded my leftover Brussels Sprouts and fried them up with some black beans, taco-style seasonings (garlic, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes, cayenne, oregano, salt & pepper - all to taste!) in a habanero olive oil blend (because we like it spicy!) and served over rice. Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment