Pages

Jan 10, 2013

Curves in Motion

Being an active plus sized woman has its own unique challenges. One of the main problems I encounter is finding a sports bra that is worth a damn. Finding the right sports bra is like finding the right pair of jeans...there's agony, there's triumph and then there are all the emotions in between.

Many people will tell you that you need different bras for your particular activity. Different bras with different levels of support. Why not just find a good bra with the maximum support that you would need for all of your various activities? I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot afford to have a different sports bra for each activity that I enjoy partaking of.

When your bra size extends from the C-cup range and up it used to be commonplace to double up on your bras before doing a medium to high impact activity. That means you were either wearing two sports bras one on top of the other or you were wearing one sports bra and one underwire bra to reach your maximum "non-jiggle" for your "girls". NOT COMFORTABLE. Wearing a normal bra for too long during the day is not comfortable for most women, let alone if you have some heft! Now add two sets of straps, two fasteners on your back and a lot of rigorous movement. Ugh.

Luckily, these days it is easier to find sports bras that are designed with us curvier gals in mind. Good bras are IMPORTANT just like good shoes. Whether they are sports bras or not, a good bra is not something you should skimp on.

In my search for a good sports bra that met all of my requirements for my increasingly active lifestyle I stumbled upon Glamorise Sport and their Ultimate Full Figure Sport Bra. While I have not purchased this bra and cannot give a review of it just yet (although I plan to in the not so distant future), its description and design gives me hope that I may have found my new favorite bra to workout in.

*crosses fingers*

http://glamorisesport.com/the-ultimate-full-figure-sport-bra-info

No comments:

Post a Comment